Updated guidance 19 July 2021
The ECB has issued updated guidance valid from 19 July 2021.
In order to reduce the risk of cricket matches being cancelled due to players being required to isolate, we have decided to continue with the same measures in place that we had before 19 July. The one exception to this is that we will be resuming food after Saturday evening senior games.
Covid-19 risk mitigation policies
As a club, we take our responsibilities regarding the mitigation of the Covid-19 pandemic risk very seriously. We expect all members to observe the government and ECB’s guidelines.
Obviously it’s not possible to reduce the risk to zero, but as in 2020, we will follow these rules strictly, in order to keep the risk as low as reasonably possible.
The vast majority of our senior and junior players and parents are returners from the summer of 2020, so are already very familiar with how cricket can operate to Covid-Secure guidelines.
Key risk mitigation policies
- All members and visitors are expected to adhere to the latest government COVID-19 guidance and ECB COVID-19 guidance (see below) regarding health, travel, social distancing and hygiene at all times
- We publish guidance here on our website and we send information to all members by email and Whatsapp, so that they are familiar with the guidelines in advance of coming attending any cricket activities
- We have signage throughout the club, serves as a constant reminder of policies
- Club officials, coaches and captains explain to parents and players verbally what the policies during training sessions and matches
- We operate reduced groups sizes where required by current guidelines
- We ensure hands are sanitised on arrival at junior training sessions and frequently during all junior and senior activities (every 6 overs or 20 minutes)
- We supply ample quantities of 70% alcohol hand sanitiser for all activities – training and home/away matches
- We ask all players to have their own cricket equipment and to avoid the sharing of equipment
- If equipment does need to be shared, coaches sanitise it before re-use
- All indoor areas are closed except for toilets (one in, one out) and when allowed, the bar (further details below)
- Take home everything that you brought with you
- Strictly no practice on the squares outside of official training sessions
- Artificial practice nets are open for use by members
- We are no longer operating a booking system
- Follow government rules – this means “Rule of 6” or “two households” policy until 17th May at earliest
- Follow ECB guidance (see below)
Nets may not be used by during junior camps, junior training sessions or junior matches.
Junior camps are 9am-4pm on the following dates:
- Easter (Mon 12 April – Fri 16 April)
- Half-term (Mon 31 May – Thu 3 June)
- Summer holidays (Mon 26 July – Thu 26 Aug)
Junior training sessions run from 4pm on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Friday starting Tue 20th April and ending Fri 9th July.
Junior matches on the SMCC home pitches on Saturday and Sunday mornings have now finished for 2021.
The government rules for pubs and restaurants have changed compared to last summer. From 12 April 2021:
- No-one to enter indoor areas to access the bar
- Access to toilets and baby changing facilities (ladies changing room) is okay (masks recommended)
- Drink sales will be outdoors only
- Drinkers must be outdoors and seated, not standing and mingling
- Keep the picnic tables spread out (huge thank you to the Channon family for donating several new large picnic tables!)
- Parents picnicking on the grass should spread out to stay well away from other families
- Contactless payments only, no cash
- Scan yourself in using the QR code posters provided
- Outdoor gatherings should only be occurring in groups of up to two households (or support bubbles), or a group of at most six people from any number of households
- 1 person at a time in toilets
- Use hand sanitiser before entering the bathroom and wash your hands thoroughly with soap when leaving
- Dispose of your cups bottles, cans, cups and any other litter yourself in the bins provided as soon as you have finished them – do not leave them for someone else to have to pick up
- Take home everything that your brought with you
At all times: keep socially distant, use hand sanitiser, adhere to the rules, and listen to club officials. Hands, face, space and open air!
Please make sure everyone follows the rules so that we can keep the bar open.