I know the e-mail traffic is increasing from me, but if you read one e-mail all year, please read and action this one! I cannot stress enough the importance of getting as many members as possible to help on this effort. This is a huge undertaking and will only be possible with your support.
New Pavilion Launch Party – Saturday 26th April
This is a critical juncture in the club’s history. As we all know, if the club is going to continue to thrive, it needs to do so with a new pavilion. The current building is a crippling expense and seriously threatens the future existence of the club. To this end, we are in the first stage of the most significant investment campaign in the club’s extensive history to rebuild the pavilion and deliver a facility that members and the local community can be truly proud of.
First in a series of planned events will be a launch party on Saturday 26th April. The format will be a couple of brief presentations by the design team, SMCC, Surrey CCC and local politicians, followed by an informal floor session, auction (hosted by a celebrity) and kick-off donations. This will be followed by a party with food and live bands. Attached are a few documents which provide further detail to the project, potential sponsorship opportunities and the launch event.
In the coming weeks, the Executive and Fundraising Committee are aiming to speak personally to all club members to ask you the following questions:
1. Do you plan on attending?
2. Will you be able to donate?
- If this is not financially viable for you, there are plenty of other ways of donating time or expertise to help with this effort. Are you willing to help in another way?
3. Do you know any guests who you can bring and who may be able to contribute?
- This can be either personal contacts or contacts through your employer – do they have a Marketing budget or a Corporate & Social Responsibility budget? We could qualify for both!
4. Are you able to provide a raffle / auction donation of value?
- This could be a promise of service / labour as well as an object. For example, one of our qualified coaches could offer some of their time to provide 1-on-1 tuition.
We would be massively grateful if you could take some time to consider whether you could contribute or lend your support to this project to secure the club’s future and provide us with one of the best facilities in London!
If you would like any further information, or to confirm your attendance, please contact Alexis Fuller (firstname.lastname@example.org / 07738 934 025) or Karen Klomp (email@example.com / 07920 742 973) no later than 22 April.
Streatham & Marlborough Club Captain